× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I have my old (3 letter) username back

aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Can I have my old (3 letter) username back

My username on the ReadyNAS Forums was simply 'aks', but on the new forums it has changed to 'aks1', and in fact I can see that I also registered on developer.netgear.com (with a different email address - same domain), so maybe that's caused confusing.

How can I get both these accounts merged into one 'aks' named account?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can I have my old (3 letter) username back

Sure. I just renamed the aks user to aks2. That user only had one post so I think it's better for you to have the aks username.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Sure. I just renamed the aks user to aks2. That user only had one post so I think it's better for you to have the aks username.

Message 2 of 5
dsm1212
Apprentice

This seems to have been the default behavior for some reason. I have an extra 1 on my name too. Not that I really care, but maybe netgear should fix everyone.

steve

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This problem generally occurs when you have registered on multiple of the old boards using different email addresses.

The user on forum1 gets the username in preference over the ReadyNAS forums user.

Message 4 of 5
aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks mgdm, the other account (now aks2) is also me with a different email address, which I will no longer use. You can delete that account if it matters in any way (and even move the other single post on to my preferred account, i.e. this one if that's possible).

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements