× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Factory Reset my ReadyNAS Duo

signetdesign
Aspirant

Can't Factory Reset my ReadyNAS Duo

So I ran across this this ReadyNAS Duo (RND2110-100NAS) at work. The previous IT guy was fired and left no documentation behind and my RAIDar could not detect my NAS when I plugged it into the network. I yanked out the hard drive to and tried booting it up without and nothing. The hard drive isn't corrupted because I am using in my desktop and it's completely fine. I tried the 5 and 25 second reset thing, but what happenes is that all the LED flash slow twice, then flash fast thrice. The power LED is fading on and off. Never bothered putting in the hard drive. Trying to just boot and connect. Any thoughts/ideas?

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Can't Factory Reset my ReadyNAS Duo

If you pulled out the hard drive, hooked it up to your computer, and it was readable right away, then that's not a drive that was ever used in the ReadyNAS unless your computer runs Linux.

You cannot do a factory reset or boot without a drive installed.  The unit boots from the drive(s) and a factory default re-initializes the drive(s) from the flash memory so it can boot from them.  But you should be able to see the device in RAIDar without one, though you may need to use version 4.3.8 from /ReadyNAS-Downloads rather than 6.3.  If it still doesn't show up, then as @JohnCM_S said, it's possible the device is broken.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi signetdesign,

Welcome to the Community!

If RAIDar cannot still detect the NAS even if there are no disks inside it, it is most likely that the chassis is already faulty.

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

If you pulled out the hard drive, hooked it up to your computer, and it was readable right away, then that's not a drive that was ever used in the ReadyNAS unless your computer runs Linux.

You cannot do a factory reset or boot without a drive installed.  The unit boots from the drive(s) and a factory default re-initializes the drive(s) from the flash memory so it can boot from them.  But you should be able to see the device in RAIDar without one, though you may need to use version 4.3.8 from /ReadyNAS-Downloads rather than 6.3.  If it still doesn't show up, then as @JohnCM_S said, it's possible the device is broken.

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@signetdesign wrote:

all the LED flash slow twice, then flash fast thrice.

That's the LED pattern to let you know the error that No disks have been detected, though we'd describe it has there being three quick blinks followed by the slow blinks. It's the number of slow blinks that indicates which error it is.

See ReadyNAS DUO LED Patterns

Message 4 of 5
signetdesign
Aspirant

Hey! Using Raidar ver4 instead of 6, I managed at least to detect it. Thanks for the help and the suggestion. I should be able to figure it out from here on out.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements