× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Concurrent users/Connections in RN316

jay_ghosh
Aspirant

Concurrent users/Connections in RN316

Hi

I am planning to implement Microsoft Hyper-V in my network. For storage and failover clustering of the Hyper-V Servers I want to install a separate storage unit. For doing that I want to install Netgear RN316 here. In my network, I have Windows Active Directory Domain on a physical Domain Controller and I have almost 70 concurrent Active Directory users. Since I am going to implement MS Hyper-V so, obviously I will have Virtual Machine(s). One of my Virtual Machines will be an Application/Database server and the application has a different set of users who are not Active Directory users at all. The application itself has a console to create users for accessing the application. First, Active Directory Users will logon to their computers by using Active Directory user name & password. Then they will open the web based application for accessing that Virtual Application/Database server by using the user names/passwords of that application. I have almost such 60 concurrent users. Does Netgear RN316 model support such no. of concurrent users?   

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Concurrent users/Connections in RN316

Ideally you'd use separate NAS units for the Hyper-V deployment and for the regular fileshares.

I'd be looking at a more powerful unit than the RN316, especially if you're going to get the one unit to do both. I'd look at the RN520 seris or better yet the RN620 series.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Ideally you'd use separate NAS units for the Hyper-V deployment and for the regular fileshares.

I'd be looking at a more powerful unit than the RN316, especially if you're going to get the one unit to do both. I'd look at the RN520 seris or better yet the RN620 series.

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@mdgm-ntgr wrote:

You could also use that as part of your backup strategy (backing up each NAS to the other).

Message 3 of 5
jay_ghosh
Aspirant

@mdgm-ntgrwrote:

Message 4 of 5
jay_ghosh
Aspirant

@StephenBwrote:

@mdgm-ntgrwrote:

You could also use that as part of your backup strategy (backing up each NAS to the other).

Hi

Thanks for your response. Actually we already have discarded RN316. We are on the process of purchasing RN626X instead and plan to have a lower model of Netgear NAS as an added backup solution in future.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements