× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Differences between models?

Grandad
Aspirant

Differences between models?

Can anyone tell me the difference between a ReadyNAS Duo RND2110v2 and a RND2150.  I am going to put bigger drives in one and wonder if it makes a difference.

Cheers

Grandad

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Differences between models?

If the 2110 is really a V2, then it makes quite a bit of diference.  But Netgear has changed what they mean by "V2" over the years and there are V1 devices that have a sticker that says "V2".  If the part number ends in -200NAS, it has "V2" on the front (not on a sticker), and it runs firmware V5.x, then it is what is currently referred to as a V2 (which should have been called a "model 2", "second gen", or something that didn't confuse.  If the part number ends with -100NAS and it runs firmware 4.1.x, it's a V1, regardless of any other indication on the chassis.

A V1 cannot take drives bigger than 2TB and a V2 can, so that's the huge difference.  I do not know what the top end for a V2 is, but I wouldn't realistically expect to go bigger than 4TB with such a low power CPU and small amount of memory except maybe for a backup-only device.

The 110 portion of the part number just means it shipped with 1x1TB drive and 150 means it shipped with 1x500GB. 

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Differences between models?

There's a guide which helps on model identification here: http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements