× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Duo V2-dlna individual folder

rnas_newbie
Aspirant

Duo V2-dlna individual folder

quick request for a feature that is available on the x86 devices,
please can we have the ***option to select 'individual' folders for DLNA content***

the v2 products appear to only to be able to enable DLNA on the top level share
deep breath..if there's an option via ssh, I'm prepared to give that a whirl, but I'm a Linux noob
Message 1 of 4
de_niro
Guide

Re: Duo V2-dlna individual folder

2 ways to modify miniDLNA configuration files

--enable root SSH access and edit /etc/minidlna.conf to enable DLNA service on individual folder

--go to setting-->backup-->tick Services-->Download Configuration Archive, edit /etc/minidlna.conf in compressed file and import it to NAS again.
Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

de niro wrote:
--go to setting-->backup-->tick Services-->Download Configuration Archive, edit /etc/minidlna.conf in compressed file and import it to NAS again.

download notepad++ for the editing, you need to use an editor that preserves the linux format convention for ASCII text files.

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
Note under "edit" it has EOL Conversion->Unix/OSX Format
Message 3 of 4
rnas_newbie
Aspirant

de niro wrote:
2 ways to modify miniDLNA configuration files

--enable root SSH access and edit /etc/minidlna.conf to enable DLNA service on individual folder

thank you so much :woot: 😄
ps- I opted for the SSH method after extracting the files in the 2nd method to see the behavior of selecting multiple folders.
thanks again!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements