× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EDA500 Status Lights

hmuessig
Luminary

EDA500 Status Lights

I purchased an EDA500 expansion chassis from Amazon two weeks ago. Love it!

(Currently listed in the US for $125.00)

Except that the status lights (Power, eSATA, and Volume) would not stay light! Nor would the "Netgear" badge.

Now the hardware manual mentions a "proximity sensor" in the specifications but no description of how it is used or where it is.

Turns out it is behind the front panel close to the status lights. Wave your hand close to the front panel in the right place and the lights come on! and will stay on for perhaps 10 seconds. Wow!

I did feel a bit sheepish when I figured this out and mildly grumpy at the Netgear manual writers for their omission(s)!

Cheers!

Model: EDA500|ReadyNAS Expansion Chassis 5-Bay
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: EDA500 Status Lights

Hello hmuessig,

The EDA500 is essentially a ReadyNAS 516/316 chassis without a motherboard in it and only 5 working channels. The front panel does not have an LCD. The proximity sensor illuminates the NETGEAR logo and provides the status.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
izumi88
Aspirant

good question. i also want to have right solution

Message 2 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello hmuessig,

The EDA500 is essentially a ReadyNAS 516/316 chassis without a motherboard in it and only 5 working channels. The front panel does not have an LCD. The proximity sensor illuminates the NETGEAR logo and provides the status.

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements