× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Faded icons on SMB share

kjs00333
Aspirant

Faded icons on SMB share

Hello - I have just purchased my first NetGear NAS RN42400-100NES. 

I have noticed when trying to browse files on an SMB share, all the file icons are faded out when browsing files on the NAS, but other locations on my network they look fine.  I have never seen this before. Is this something that's normal with the NAS?

I can access the files with no problem. Screenshot is attached

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
kjs00333
Aspirant

Re: Faded icons on SMB share

It actually WAS hidden.. but the file properties didn't show that. This came from an Rsync script copying to the NAS for some reason, and I'm still looking into that.  I had to select everything that was on the SMB share, check hidden in the file properties, and once everything was applied, I had to uncheck it.  After that everything showed up normally.  Very wierd. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Try right-clicking on one of the files, and make sure that the file isn't hidden.

Message 2 of 3
kjs00333
Aspirant

It actually WAS hidden.. but the file properties didn't show that. This came from an Rsync script copying to the NAS for some reason, and I'm still looking into that.  I had to select everything that was on the SMB share, check hidden in the file properties, and once everything was applied, I had to uncheck it.  After that everything showed up normally.  Very wierd. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements