× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do i do a OS reinstall on a readynas 102,i think ive tried every thing

albback
Aspirant

How do i do a OS reinstall on a readynas 102,i think ive tried every thing

readynas 102,firmware 640,radar 438.i would like to reset the os system as i cannot remember user/pass,i tried password recovery,i dont get the option to use recovery question or or answer ,that does not work on my pc,ive tried logging into https://ReadyNAS_IP_address/password_recovery ,it keeps on asking for Authentication required,then i get https://192.168.0.2 is requesting your username and password. The site says: “ReadyNAS Admin”.i get sorry password recovery has not been set for this device,due to security reasons,password recovery is not available,in the raidAR settings when i click on locate no lights blink.i cannot check the user settings in the setup menu,check fan speed ,security or updates etc,i can use the device still to access hard drive but nothind else,i cannot afford to loose my data,as its taken years to save,i was hopeing there was a easy way to get back to default ,user/pass so i could start again.i was wanting a step by step instructions how to do it with out loosing data,m finding the forums to confusing,im a newbie on this topic.i thik the easyist way would be re installing the OS as long as i don`t wipe my hard drive,the data is priceless to my family.

Regards

Alan (newbie)

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: How do i do a OS reinstall on a readynas 102,i think ive tried every thing

@albback wrote:

the data is priceless to my family.

Then you need to back it up.  You still have access via file manager, so you can (and should) do it now.  RAID is not enough to keep your data safe.

On the process, I replied on your other thread.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements