× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Multiple accounts (made a mess), how to delete the unused accounts?

JJP24
Aspirant

Multiple accounts (made a mess), how to delete the unused accounts?

I have three My Netgear accounts (I have made a mess... sorry)

In one account I have a ReadyNAS 104 registered but it has an email address that is about to expire. The email address that I would like to use for this was created as a new account when I bought a WAC501 Access Point but it is still empty.

I have a third account that is also empty registered on my private email account.

I can not find a way to delete the empty accounts. Can somebody please let me now how to do this?

Message 1 of 8
xiao123
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Multiple accounts (made a mess), how to delete the unused accounts?

@JJP24 wrote:

I have three My Netgear accounts (I have made a mess... sorry)

In one account I have a ReadyNAS 104 registered but it has an email address that is about to expire. The email address that I would like to use for this was created as a new account when I bought a WAC501 Access Point but it is still empty.

I have a third account that is also empty registered on my private email account.

I can not find a way to delete the empty accounts. Can somebody please let me now how to do this?

For your email address that is about to expire issue, you can change email address, you can not delete the empty account directly, must contact technical supportor to do it, suggest you change email address to resolve the issue too.

Message 2 of 8
JJP24
Aspirant

Thank you for your answer.

The problem is that the email address I want to use in my account is now in use in one of the accounts I would like to have deleted.

I tried to find a way to contact support about this but no luck. If I select "contact support" I first have to select the device that I want support on (although I don't need support on that device). When I do that I can not contact support because the warranty on my NAS has already expired.

Message 3 of 8
xiao123
NETGEAR Expert

@JJP24 wrote:

Thank you for your answer.

The problem is that the email address I want to use in my account is now in use in one of the accounts I would like to have deleted.

I tried to find a way to contact support about this but no luck. If I select "contact support" I first have to select the device that I want support on (although I don't need support on that device). When I do that I can not contact support because the warranty on my NAS has already expired.

Unfortunately, since your product has expired the free technical support period, if you didn't want to change your email, you must pay for the help of the technical support staff.

Message 4 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Users should be able to delete their own accounts.  It's silly to need to contact support to do that.

Message 5 of 8
jak0lantash
Mentor

@xiao123 wrote:

since your product has expired the free technical support period, you must pay for the help of the technical support staff.

Not completely correct. If he needs to contact Support for Hardware warranty claim, you can't charge him for that.

A product may no longer be entitled to free Support and still be covered by Hardware warranty. The customer should still be able to contact you.

Message 6 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@jak0lantash wrote:

xiao123 wrote:

since your product has expired the free technical support period, you must pay for the help of the technical support staff.

Not completely correct. If he needs to contact Support for Hardware warranty claim, you can't charge him for that.

A product may no longer be entitled to free Support and still be covered by Hardware warranty. The customer should still be able to contact you.

Yes.  And no one is going to pay per-incident support to clean up their old Netgear accounts.

I get PMs asking me to forward account maintenance requests from forum members all the time.  It's ridiculous.

Message 7 of 8
jak0lantash
Mentor

@StephenB wrote:

no one is going to pay per-incident support to clean up their old Netgear accounts.

Nor should they.

If implementing an option on the website is too difficult, at least, something like a sticky topic with instructions to PM a NETGEAR agent. Or a KB article. You know, "Self-Service Support"...

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements