× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS won't boot

AlanBoats
Aspirant

NAS won't boot

Hi, used my NAS for a few years now and then had problems connecting to it.  I logged into it and all was OK but showed a Firmware update was available so did the update.  All whet OK and could access the drive from all PC's then 2 days later could not connect to it.  Tried accessing the boot menu but no joy.  When powered up the blue power light comes on flashes the ACT light flashes then the blue light flashes again and then all the lights turn off.  The fan continues to run but other than that nothing.  Please can anybody help, thank you. 

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NAS won't boot

Hi AlanBoats,

Can RAIDar detect the NAS? If it is not detected,

1. Turn off the NAS

2. Remove the drives (Note: Please label with its corresponding bay before you remove them.) and then power on the NAS

3. Check if RAIDar can detect the NAS without the disks.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
AlanBoats
Aspirant

Hi,

OK steps 1 and 2 done.  

When I restarted the NAS the power LED flashed 16 times, stayed on for about 7 seconds, flashed one more time and then the light went out.  No other lights flashed in the front of the NAS.  The fan still runs.

I cannot see the NAS on my home network map.

How can I check if RAID can detect the NAS without the disks?

Alan

Message 3 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi AlanBoats,

If you have the RAIDar installed on your computer, it should detect the NAS with a status of 'no disks detected'.

You may download the installer here.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
AlanBoats
Aspirant

John,

RAIDar downloaded and launched.  It could NOT detect the NAS.

Alan

Message 5 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi AlanBoats,

It is very likely that the chassis is already faulty since it is not detected even without the disks. If your device is still under the hardware warranty, you may contact support so they can replace it.

Regards,

Message 6 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi AlanBoats,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements