× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need help with new HDD

martin19
Aspirant

Need help with new HDD

Hi Team, 

Hi All I have a Readynas DuoV2 RDN2000 with the latest firmware and raidar but Just need some clarification, I recently backed up my old data on a 2.0 TB WD Red Nasware HDD, once I did this I then installed my new WD Red Nasware 4TB HDD set up and copied all data, all good but I was wondering I forget to get some data off the old 2TB HDD, can I just shut the Nas down, pull my new drive out, replace it with then old and then boot back up and get the remaining data off, and then once I have copied do the same and replace the old 2.0TB HDD with the new 4.0TB HDD, and I won’t loose anything, and the operating system still stays intact.

Or can I simply now just boot the Nas down, and install the 2.0TB HDD next to the new HDD and boot up the Nas and copy the files like it’s done on a PC.

If someone can shed some light that would be great.

Thanks

Model: RND2000v2|READYNAS DUO v2|EOL
Message 1 of 2
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Need help with new HDD

If you have not updated the OS in between, then you definately can do that.  If you do update the OS on the NAS, it is supposed to simply install the new one on the old drive when you put it in and move on, but there is some risk.

If I read your description correctly, you are only using one drive at a time.  If that's correct, you could have added the second drive as a separate volume along side the first.  It's too late now, unfortunately, because both will be named "data" and you can't have two with the same name.  Netgear provides no capability to rename a volume.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements