× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New-to-me ReadyData 5200 not responding to web gui or Raidar requests

janderson223
Aspirant

New-to-me ReadyData 5200 not responding to web gui or Raidar requests

Hello!

I have recently aquired a ReadyDATA 5200 with a couple of EDA4000s and I'm having a bit of trouble accessing the device. I know nothing of it's history nor have I any experience with Netgear NAS appliances so I'm hoping I'm simply inept and missing something simple 🙂

The first thing I did was to select the Reinstall OS option in the boot menu. I was then able to access the GUI with the default login and see it with Raidair as one would expect. I made no changes, shut it down to connect the EDA4000s and see if those were operational. Once I powered it on again, the GUI no longer responded with the Netgear admin page, I could only see the supermicro login page. For some reason, I checked the firmware version and ended up loading the latest version from Supermicros website, 3.16 I believe.

As an aside, the sensor readings are not showing values, not sure if that is related.

Shut it down, booted it up, same results. The power light is on solid, one LAN light blinking (only one connected at this time), all drives showing solid blue lights. I went ahead and ran the Reinstall OS again and was able to access it again immediately upon selecting that boot menu option. Again, no changes, rebooted via the GUI, only able to see the Supermicro login as before, Raidair can't find it. Once again, power and drive lights are as described above.

Is this a commonly overlooked config or setting? I've confirmed there are no IP conflicts, I can ping normally and the Supermicro page loads normally when I browse to the IP. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
janderson223
Aspirant

Re: New-to-me ReadyData 5200 not responding to web gui or Raidar requests

The BIOS reset did it, FYI for anyone searching the web for a similiar issue. Although the USB drive was detected and selected, for some reason it wouldn't boot to the OS after a reboot, would only do so following an OS Reinstall or a Factory Reset. All the sensor data is present in the GUI, firmware is up to date, Raidar can find it, able to create volumes and all that good stuff.

Thanks janderson223!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
janderson223
Aspirant

Raidar, I suppose

Message 2 of 5
janderson223
Aspirant

As an update, I connected the EDA4000s and selected the Factory Default option in the boot menu. As usual I was able to log in, but this time I noticed two DHCP addresses pulled by the device and the Netgear GUI shows all drives online allowing me to select individual drives to create a volume. Looks like the firmware is 1.4.5, no errors. Also noticed the sensor data is present in the Netgear GUI, hopefully a good sign. I will reboot this guy and see if it comes back normally.

Message 3 of 5
janderson223
Aspirant

No go, same behavior. 

Decided to confirm that the USB DISK is selected as the boot device and then set BIOS to optimal defaults, rebooted, did take some time to begin loading the web page, but it came up normally again. Fingers crossed.

Message 4 of 5
janderson223
Aspirant

The BIOS reset did it, FYI for anyone searching the web for a similiar issue. Although the USB drive was detected and selected, for some reason it wouldn't boot to the OS after a reboot, would only do so following an OS Reinstall or a Factory Reset. All the sensor data is present in the GUI, firmware is up to date, Raidar can find it, able to create volumes and all that good stuff.

Thanks janderson223!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements