× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New user and first usage

giuseppeT
Aspirant

New user and first usage

Hello,

today I have installed my new ReadyNas 104 with 2x 3TB WD RED with x-raid and 6.4.0 firmware.

Now the NAS is on resync data mode. What is Resync data? can I put now my archive on the NAS? 

Thanks 

Giuseppe

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
BrendanM
NETGEAR Expert

Re: New user and first usage

The data re-sync is normal after first installation. It is busy building the RAID parity.

It is fine to begin transferring data to the NAS. You may see that performance is inhibited a little while the data re-sync is in progress.

As always, remember to keep your data in more than one location. A proper backup consists of multiple copies of data stored in different locations.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
BrendanM
NETGEAR Expert

The data re-sync is normal after first installation. It is busy building the RAID parity.

It is fine to begin transferring data to the NAS. You may see that performance is inhibited a little while the data re-sync is in progress.

As always, remember to keep your data in more than one location. A proper backup consists of multiple copies of data stored in different locations.

Message 2 of 5
giuseppeT
Aspirant

Thanks BrendanM !

so, what you mean with keep the data in more than one location ?

I want use the readynas for my secure storage.

Message 3 of 5
BrendanM
NETGEAR Expert

I mean keep multiple copies of the data. For example, I keep a primary copy of data on my ReadyNAS and do regular backups to a USB disk which I keep offsite. So if the NAS dies for whatever reason, gets stolen or the house blows up, I still have a copy of my data elsewhere. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
giuseppeT
Aspirant

thank you, I will keep that in mind Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements