× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New version of NZBGet

Trik1
Aspirant

New version of NZBGet

There are a lot of features that have been added to NZBGet since version 11 (July 2013) which is installed via the Apps.

Is it possible to upgrade the app yourself? I'm a rather linux novice, I follow directions fairly well though. I attempted this myself prior to posting but I was unable to compile the C++ on my ReadyNAS.

Any insight or assistance would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Message 1 of 5
Trik1
Aspirant

I said no when it asked if I wanted to continue but can I just do something like this via SSH?

apt-get upgrade nzbget
Message 2 of 5
WhoCares_
Mentor

Well, I just did that for fun on my ReadyNAS. Doesn't seem to install anything dangerous. But: it will install nzbget 0.7.0 which probably isn't what you want. Newer versions are available in the Jessie, Sid and Experimental Debian repos but those can't be installed easily using "apt-get". So the short of it is: either get an updated version or compile your own. For compiling you could actually use the packages from Jessie or Sid as a starting point.

-Stefan
Message 3 of 5
Trik1
Aspirant

Ah, ok. So it looks like this is what I want... https://packages.debian.org/experimental/nzbget as 14.2 is the latest stable release, but getting that onto my ReadyNAS is another story entirely. I certainly don't want to mess things up.

I may just have to wait for someone a little more experienced to do this part, unless there are some instructions somewhere that make this easier. I assume one of these options is already compiled, but how I would install that on my NAS in the correct location is a little beyond my skills.

Thanks anyway for the reply sir!
Message 4 of 5
WhoCares_
Mentor

Drop me a private message with your email address and the model of ReadyNAS you're using and you might receive a version for testing 😉
-Stefan
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements