× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Newbie with Readynas 202 looking for point of contact...

milehigh
Follower

Newbie with Readynas 202 looking for point of contact...

I'm a newbie with a Readynas 202.  I'd like a point of contact who can answer questions I have about basic set up and security, ready cloud for windows, questions I have about what the different abbreviations are in my settings..whether they should be on or off, what they mean , and when each protocol is used and for what purposes.

My previous server was a HP EX487 Media Smart Server that had an awesome GUI and was EXTREMELY simple to use.  All the menu items were clearly written in plain user friendly English.  So basically. I know what I want to do, I know that the RN202 will do it, I just don't know where to begin.  Probably the best thing for me to do is paste screen shots of my questions.  I'd just like a single point of contact who'd be willing to guide me.  I.m fairly good at self teaching through trial and error, but I'd really like to get my server set up and working ASAP. 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Newbie with Readynas 202 looking for point of contact...

Hello milehigh,

Welcome to the community!

If you want someone to walk you through and explain each and every setting of your ReadyNAS, it may be best to contact support center and take advantage of your free phone support. It appears you have already called them in on Sept 25th and that you have 79 days left for the free phone support. Better use it before it expires.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Newbie with Readynas 202 looking for point of contact...

Hello milehigh,

Welcome to the community!

If you want someone to walk you through and explain each and every setting of your ReadyNAS, it may be best to contact support center and take advantage of your free phone support. It appears you have already called them in on Sept 25th and that you have 79 days left for the free phone support. Better use it before it expires.

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements