× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Old readyNas Forum

fischesj
Star

Old readyNas Forum

Where are the old ReadyNas Forum and the these sub forum (eg dlna, user submitted tips , in French, German etc) ?

Thanks, Jocelyn

Message 1 of 19
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Old readyNas Forum

We now have a simplified forum structure, to make it easier to use.

The Regional Support subforums can be found here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Regional-Support/ct-p/readynas-regional-support

Message 2 of 19
BaJohn
Virtuoso

Sorry to be a pain, but I think you need to revisit all of your "Useful Links", because they aren't.

Message 3 of 19
Sandshark
Sensei

I agree, "new and improved", it ain't.  They took a perfectly good, longstanding and working forum and turned it into a cluttered mess.  The old forum could have used a separation of topics for the legacy and current systems (which should have happened when the new ones came out), but that's it.

Why is it that companies have to go changing things that work perfectly well just for the sake of change and some crazy notion that they "look more modern"?  It doesn't matter how it looks, it matters how it works.  And this forum both looks cluttered and works poorly, so they failed entirely.

Message 4 of 19
fischesj
Star

Sorry mdgm,

the modern ReadyNas Forum is not structured. Forums like Plex or Synology (sorry) use sub forum.

Now the Readynas Forum is "the Great Baazar", searching for specific subjects is like "googling"

Jocelyn 🙂

Message 5 of 19
nsne
Virtuoso

This new forum format has given me a great idea. I'm going to take a wheel and make it square. That way, it won't roll away from folks who are unfamiliar with how it's supposed to work.

Message 6 of 19
Singularity
Tutor

I have just logged into the NEW ReadyNAS Forum which in my humble opinion is a total mess. The previous Forum was excellent and I just cannot understand why it was changed. Hopefully if enough Forum Users complain, Netgear might consider reinstating the previous Forum.

Message 7 of 19
wli
Tutor
Tutor

IMHO, the old ReadyNAS forum was much better than this replacement, very disappointed!

Message 8 of 19
fischesj
Star

Thank you, I'm not alone 🙂

In summary:

The structure of the new forum is confusing, unproductive, and simply unusable for everyone.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel, please give back the old forum with sub-forums!

Jocelyn

Message 9 of 19
Campus
Apprentice

I agree with everyone here. The new forum is a perfect example for bad forum software and design.

Message 10 of 19
BaJohn
Virtuoso

Yes ... but does the new forum meet some new criteria that the old forum did not and that criteria was CRITICAL.

I agree it is rubbish in comparison.

I would guess that the new forum 'works' better on smart phones, tablets and all the new formats:)

Message 11 of 19
Sandshark
Sensei

And, all of the pointers to previous messages are now worthless.

Message 12 of 19
hobbes487
Guide

I agree as well that the new forum is a complete mess.  It is impossible to find anything.  Where are the old post about community plugins?  Please bring the old forum back

Message 13 of 19
Blues11
Luminary

Where is the ReadyNAS Forum. I used to get to it at www.readynas.com/forum, but that doesn't take me to the right forum. Is that gone?

Message 14 of 19
Sandshark
Sensei

@Blues11 wrote:

Where is the ReadyNAS Forum. I used to get to it at www.readynas.com/forum, but that doesn't take me to the right forum. Is that gone?

Yep, completely gone.  Not even frozen for reference.  So now all of the links you find in this forum and via Google to that old forum are useless -- they get re-directed to the top of this one.  And since the search engine is poor, it's hard to locate the old message, even though they were ported over.  Really bad decision on the part of Netgear, IMHO.

Message 15 of 19
Blues11
Luminary

So sad. That forum was so rich with useful information and even just a place to see and share problems, successes and issues. This new one pales in comparison.

Thanks for your post.

Message 16 of 19
BaJohn
Virtuoso

YEP - I started to 'save' things of interest to me before the change.

I believe I have a copy of the 'beautiful' articles mainly written by StephenB on Snapshots.

Realy informative and detailed. I can see if I can fish that out.

Unfortunately I have been in turmoil for weeks owing to recovering from Windows 10 update.

Several months ago I raised a Post about having a knowledge base for such things, and the response

was overwhelmingly positive. I suggested it should be written by such experts and not a general post.

i.e. A place to look up technical details on ReadyNAS.

Message 17 of 19
walshlink
Luminary

This new forum sucks ass. I could actually find threads (without) searching the the structure made sense. This new forum is an abomination.

Message 18 of 19
msd
Luminary
Luminary

Totally agree. This place is hardly worth visiting. It will take years to get back what was destroyed by getting rid of the old community.  I regularily visited it for Tips and config stuff.  This new community is............well......a not much to see here.  The problem being a lot of old Posts are gone OR cant be found.  What were you thinking Netgear. Sometimes its best to leave things alone rather than destroying years of Educational Info.  

Message 19 of 19
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 30 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7