× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Panasonic TXP50GT30 & Readynas Duo 3D/HD Bluray Streaming

devilsrear
Aspirant

Panasonic TXP50GT30 & Readynas Duo 3D/HD Bluray Streaming

Hi Just bought this model of plasma - had to get a new one (g/f fed up me using a ps3 on the old one)

Was hunting high and low on the web to actually determine what works and doesn't work - ended up buy this set and thought I 'd post up my results.

Ok the new setup

Readynas Duo (connected to hub)
Netgear gigabit hub
ADSL2 router (connected to hub)
Panasonic txp50gt30 - 2011 "smart" tv (connected to hub)
Pioneer dts surround system - Connected to TV using digital Audio out (Optical)

Questions:-

1. Can I stream AVI directly from the readynas to the Panasonic without any other software - YES
2. Can I stream 1080p bluray MKV directly from the readynas to the Panasonic without any other software - YES
3. Can I stream 1080p MKV with DTS from the readynas wihout any other software - YES (Note the Panasonic has audio passthorugh for all digital audio)
4. Can I stream Audio from the readynas without any other software (MP3's) - YES
5. Does it display album artwork - YES
6. Can I stream photo's from the readynas to the Pansonic - YES
7. Can I play a slide show of photos from the readynas - YES
8. If the photos need rotating - can i do this - NO
9. Ok I have aload of MKV's with DTS I converted with "MKV2VOB" to stream via a ps3 will these still work? NO - The picture shows BUT the sound is not recognised. You will need to reconver the audio into something else
10. Can I stream 3D HD Bluray with DTS from the readynas directly - YES
11. Can I surf the web on this tv? NO (not without buying something else)
12. Can I use SKYPE/Facebook/YourTube? YES - It comes with about 30 apps to allow streaming of vids/music/internet radio. These work really simple - via the remote - pretty much so my folks managed to use it without any difficulty.

Hope these answer some of the questions I've not seen the answers to.

If you plan to get this set make sure you get the NEW rechargable usb glasses NOT the old battery ones - the frame above the nose are prone to breaking.

Really pleased with this - and so so simple. At least I now get to play my ps3 on the old plasma and use this.

If anyone wants to know anything specific give me a shout.
Message 1 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Panasonic TXP50GT30 & Readynas Duo 3D/HD Bluray Streaming

Hello devilsrear,

Thanks for sharing this.

We appreciate your contribution to the community. Feel free to post any suggestions, questions, recommendations or anything about your NAS that you think needs attention or will help others.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Panasonic TXP50GT30 & Readynas Duo 3D/HD Bluray Streaming

@devilsrear wrote:

9. Ok I have aload of MKV's with DTS I converted with "MKV2VOB" to stream via a ps3 will these still work? NO - The picture shows BUT the sound is not recognised. You will need to reconver the audio into something else

My understanding is that this is a ps3 issue.  In particular that it only support dts when the media is on the optical drive of the ps3.

However, I don't own a ps3, and my information here could be dated.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements