× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Plex . Cannot launch

kipome19
Aspirant

Plex . Cannot launch

I try to launch my Plex App on RN 212. Initially it worked but all of a sudden I receive this error message:

Emty resource error. Bad NML call.

Code: 22002010000

Can anybody tell me what the problem could be?

thx
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Plex . Cannot launch

Which firmware are you running?

Which version of the app?

Have you tried a reboot?

Message 2 of 5
kipome19
Aspirant

Hi,

I use following:

Which firmware are you running - 6.6.0

Which version of the app - 1.0.3.2461 35f0caa

Have you tried a reboot - Yes, I did and also tried to turn on/off the app several times

Any idea?

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There is a known issue with Plex and the upgrade to 6.6.0. There is a newer version of the RN2XX app at plex.tv/downloads

But it is possible that you may still need a manual fix atm.

Message 4 of 5
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

I think PLEX on my NAS did something simular and I find a fix which was to delete a file, once I did it, it started up just fine.  It took me a while to find it hunting around Google.  So doing a little looking, I found this link in the matter.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Current-NETGEAR-and-Partners/PLEX-is-failing-to-initialize-with-err...

So PLEX crashed, left around a file and now every time it tries to startup it thinks it's already running and so throws up this error.  This file,

/apps/plexmediaserver/MediaLibrary/Plex Media Server/plexmediaserver.pid

This file is left behind, plexmediaserver.pid in that directory.  If you delete it, PLEX should now boot up.  I fixed this before by SSHing into my NAS.  But I can now get access though it directly from Windows.  But it's in one of the hidden directory's.  You can unhide directory's, but I don't recall off hand how I did it.  You could screw up your NAS deleting stuff you shouldn't which is why it's hidden in the first place.

Here's another link into the matter.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/196307/plex-is-failing-to-initialize-with-error-22002010000-on-lat...

Just ignore it being about the readynas 516.  It could just as well apply to your NAS.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements