× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Poor ReadyNAS Support #20277392

ariharry
Aspirant

Poor ReadyNAS Support #20277392

Over 3 months ago I discovered i_blocks errors after a scan on reboot of my NV+ V2.

i_block errors that were corrected resulted in my loosing files and folders, and it's possible to induce errors through copying large files to the NAS, so I contacted support to try and establish a fix to my problem.

I've enabled SSH access, opened up firewall ports, and have validated remote access so to allow Netgears engineers to check the problem.

Alas, it's been several months since I raised the ticket, and despite Level 2 support validating that they can access the NAS, I've had radio silence from support despite hassling them every week... :roll:

Before I abandon the product, has anyone ever ...

1) Had i_block issues resolved via remote access?
2) Suffered from incredibly slow responses from support?
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Poor ReadyNAS Support

Did you get any case numbers from support?
Message 2 of 5
ariharry
Aspirant

Re: Poor ReadyNAS Support

mdgm wrote:
Did you get any case numbers from support?

Yes.

Case #: 20277392
Opened : 5th Jan 2013

BTW, when I say radio silence, I mean feedback from support as to what's causing the i_block issue.

Support have reported back to me that they have had access issues though this was swiftly resolved by rebooting the NAS, plus supplying updated IP addresses (my ISP have renewed my IP address several times since I opened the ticket).
Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Did they ever try wiping your volume and creating a new one using EXT3? If not, it might be worth seeing if they can try that.
Message 4 of 5
ariharry
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
Did they ever try wiping your volume and creating a new one using EXT3? If not, it might be worth seeing if they can try that.

No, but I'll update the ticket with the suggestion to see where it leads..
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements