× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAIDar does not discover ReadyNAS, NV+ v2, LAN-cable

klokkaren
Follower

RAIDar does not discover ReadyNAS, NV+ v2, LAN-cable

I bought this unit a couple of year ago and haven't used it because I ran into trouble then. Now I really need to backup my macbook pro, before installing a new OS. 

I am totally green when it comes to NAS. Tried installing RAIDas, and have a physical cable between my mac and the NAS (NV+ v2), but RAIDar does not find the NAS.  

When booting up it said 192.168.168.168

I'm tempted to buy another storage and sell the NAS - I don't want to spend much time on troubleshooting network-storage... 

But I'd like to try at least one more time....! Can anyone please help me with some simple steps...?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RAIDar does not discover ReadyNAS, NV+ v2, LAN-cable

@klokkaren wrote:

Yes.  That is because your Mac isn't a router.

The easiest way is to connect both your NAS and Mac to your router with ethernet.

Or you can follow DaneA's procedure and set a compatible static IP address on the mac (192.168.168.100 will work).  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi klokkaren,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Have you set a static IP address on your MACbook Pro that is within the range of the default IP address NAS which is 192.168.168.168 then check if you are able to get replies when you ping the default IP address NAS?

b. Have you tried using other PC/s or laptop/s to isolate the problem?

c. Is the ethernet port LED lit up at the rear of the NAS while the MACbook Pro is directly connected to it?

d. Have you tried using other ethernet cable/s isolate the problem?

e. How many drives are inside the NAS?  Indicate the brand, model and capacity of each drive.  For example: 2x4TB WD Red

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

@klokkaren wrote:

Yes.  That is because your Mac isn't a router.

The easiest way is to connect both your NAS and Mac to your router with ethernet.

Or you can follow DaneA's procedure and set a compatible static IP address on the mac (192.168.168.100 will work).  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements