× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN10200 with 2 Hard Disk 4TB Western Digital model WD4003FZEX

ArielChimi
Follower

RN10200 with 2 Hard Disk 4TB Western Digital model WD4003FZEX

I have two different places in two RN10200 teams.
One working with 2 TB disks and the other with 2 4TB discs brand Western Digital model WD4003FZEX, both in raid 1.
I do not know the origin of the problem, if it was an update or was, since it came working correctly.
The problem is that the ReadyNas has stopped recognizing the 4TB Western Digital brand WD4003FZEX discs, prompting me to format them.
As I have a third disk of the same model, format this disk and I get to the same problem, it does not recognize it.
The ReadyNAS sees 4TB disks as 16TB disks and with incorrect geometry.
I have tested by placing these 4TB disks in the same computer model that has the 2TB disks and the problem persists.
I need to know the correct parameters for a mirror configuration, ie: how many partitions and how many cylinders, heads and sectors in each partition assigns to this hard disk model.
I need to retrieve the information. Regards,

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN10200 with 2 Hard Disk 4TB Western Digital model WD4003FZEX

Hello ArielChimi,

@ArielChimi wrote:

I have two different places in two RN10200 teams.
One working with 2 TB disks and the other with 2 4TB discs brand Western Digital model WD4003FZEX, both in raid 1.
I do not know the origin of the problem, if it was an update or was, since it came working correctly.

Do you mean one is working with 2x2TB and the other is 2x4TB?

@ArielChimi wrote:

The problem is that the ReadyNas has stopped recognizing the 4TB Western Digital brand WD4003FZEX discs, prompting me to format them.
As I have a third disk of the same model, format this disk and I get to the same problem, it does not recognize it.
The ReadyNAS sees 4TB disks as 16TB disks and with incorrect geometry.

Did you format the disks? If so, it should be done via the admin page. Also, make sure you have full backup of the data.

@ArielChimi wrote:

I have tested by placing these 4TB disks in the same computer model that has the 2TB disks and the problem persists.
I need to know the correct parameters for a mirror configuration, ie: how many partitions and how many cylinders, heads and sectors in each partition assigns to this hard disk model.
I need to retrieve the information. Regards,

Did you mean you tried the 4TB disks on your other RN102 that has 2TB disks?

If you are trying to recover data, it should be done by cloning the disk/s. Please also send the firmware version of the NAS.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements