× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 Lost data after reboot

DeePin
Aspirant

RN104 Lost data after reboot

Hi,

New to asking for help in this way.

4 Bay Raid 5

I have a RN104 which had 2 of the bays unclipped whilst on, accidently, it was then powered down and put back together. when restarted the drives were all fine and online the volume had become inactive. Removed Volume and added new volume under wrong name which did not restore the data, attempted again with previous name and still the raid shows no data, How can I restart the raid with the data or has the data disappeared through the processes I have taken already.

Any help would be much appreciated as there was a small amount off data that had not been backed up yet which I would like not to recreate.

Thank You

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN104 Lost data after reboot

or has the data disappeared through the processes I have taken already.

If you destroyed the volume (in your Removed Volume step), then you destroyed the data in that volume.  You would have been prompted to type "DESTROY" as part of that process.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

or has the data disappeared through the processes I have taken already.

If you destroyed the volume (in your Removed Volume step), then you destroyed the data in that volume.  You would have been prompted to type "DESTROY" as part of that process.

Message 2 of 7
DeePin
Aspirant

Thanks I jump the gun with my actions really, can only be described as panic.

will the data still be in tact for recovery? if I reintialised the drives through another hardware setup.

Message 3 of 7
DeePin
Aspirant

Also what should I have done?

Thanks for you time

Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@DeePin wrote:

will the data still be in tact for recovery? 

It's conceivable, but not very likely.  It'd be expensive to get it back.  You could try powering down, connecting the disks to a Windows PC, and then see what ReclaiMe can recover.  You'd have to pay for the software if you want to actually do the recovery though.

The longer you let the NAS run, the less likely it is that recovery would be possible.

@DeePin wrote: Also what should I have done?

The best way to deal with the inactive volume issue is to contact (paid) support at my.netgear.com.  

This of course isn't needed if your backup is up to date.

Message 5 of 7
DeePin
Aspirant

Thanks StephenB

Will give it a go.

Message 6 of 7
DeePin
Aspirant

StephenB

FYI Just ran a scan and have found all the data will extract and update backup strategy.

Thanks for all you help

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements