× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN4220S SataDOM/OS

Zishy
Aspirant

RN4220S SataDOM/OS

Hello there, i recently purchased a RN4220S off ebay and the satadom module is missing. i already own a RN3220 and i wanted to move over to 10gbe for the home network. how would i go about installing the OS? 

Could i just buy a satadom module and install the OS on it? Where would i grab the OS? 

p.s. i already contacted the seller but im not sure i will be able to get the original satadom module 😞

Model: RN4220S|ReadyNAS 4220 2xSFP+
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN4220S SataDOM/OS

Buying second hand is risky: there’s no warranty or support for second hand purchases.

The SATA DOM would need the same things on it that’s on the one in the RN3220. So you could dd an image of the flash.

If the specs are close to the stock one then USB Boot Recovery may work.

It’s rather unknown what state your RN4220 is in.

Some second hand sellers if they do any testing would consider lights coming on and fans spinning up as sufficient to conclude the unit’s in working condition which is very inadequate testing.
Message 2 of 3
Zishy
Aspirant

Re: RN4220S SataDOM/OS

would it be possible to just check the general health of the machine by just plugging in a monitor and some random ssd and installing debian on it ?

how would i go about putting the image on a random ssd and firing up the system?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements