× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RR331200 Diskless Startup Procedure

petekoss
Follower

RR331200 Diskless Startup Procedure

Just received a diskless RR331200 with Firmware 6.5.1 and the unit just flashes its blu LED power light.  I have inserted two unformatted, Netgear approved HD's into slots 1 and 2.  The unit has been on for an hour with no indication of activity nor is it accessable on the network.  I cannot access due to the firmware version based on what I found online.  Does anyone have a receipe for getting a diskless system to boot and become accessable so I can upgrade to a newer firmware after accessing the web based tools?

Model: RN12G/RN12S/RN12T (ReadyNAS 4200)|READYNAS 4200 NETWORK STORAGE SYSTEM WITH 10GBE - CHASSIS|EOL
Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RR331200 Diskless Startup Procedure

It should automatically do a factory reset when you power on with only blank, unformatted disks installed.

If you inserted the disks after power on, reboot the system.

If that doesn’t resolve it check if you can see it in RAIDar and if there’s an option to erase used disks using that.

If that doesn’t resolve it can you hook the disks up to a PC and delete any partitions off them.

Another option would be to try the factory default boot menu option. As your system is on 6.5.1 you’ll need to use the serial console as described at the bottom of the article.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements