× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud says that my ReadyNAS 102 is offline, when it is accessible via IP address

HungHsi
Aspirant

ReadyCloud says that my ReadyNAS 102 is offline, when it is accessible via IP address

Hi, 

I've had this machine for over 3 years now and it has been working fine until a month ago. 

I've noticed that my ReadyCloud program(app) on my Windows showing my ReadyNAS is offline. Then I logged onto the ReadyCloud Web interface and it is too showing my ReadyNAS is offline, however when I go to the DISCOVER tab on the web interface, I see my ReadyNAS and I could log on and manage the ReadyNAS. 

In an attemp to fix the issue, I thought I could remove and re-add the ReadyNAS from my ReadyCloud account. However, I couldn't figure out how to add the said ReadyNAS back to my ReadyCloud account!!

Please help. 

ReadyNAS 102

Serial: 3ER237ED00B63
Firmware: 6.6.1

Capture01.JPGCapture02.JPG

Model: RN10221D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCloud says that my ReadyNAS 102 is offline, when it is accessible via IP address

Hello HungHsi,

There should be a leave button to click to unregister your main ReadyCloud account then when you turn the ReadyCloud back ON, it will allow you to enter your ReadyCloud account.

Just remember to backup data that your ReadyCloud invited users and your main ReadyCloud account stored to their home shares.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 14

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 2 of 14
HungHsi
Aspirant

Thank you,

I've sent an email to the mentioned email address, but have not had any response since then. Would you be able to advise when is the outlook of a solution?

Regards, 

Message 3 of 14
HungHsi
Aspirant

I've activated and rejoined ReadyCloud within ReadyNAS Admin page, using my ReadyCloud account. 

However when I log into my ReadyCloud account, from both WebGUI and the desktop app, I don't see my ReadyNAS. 

.. I know NETGEAR tech team must be busy trying to resolve everyone's issue, but this is really annoying and is really poorly managed!

Message 4 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That email is for data recovery attempt requests. Do you need a home folder data recovery attempt?

Message 5 of 14
HungHsi
Aspirant

mdgm, no I don't. I don't think I've lost any data. 

My main concern is I couldn't add my ReadyNAS back to my ReadyCloud account.

Message 6 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello HungHsi,

You still do not see the shares under Home tab? Have you tried turning it OFF and ON? Please also check if your ReadyCloud account is showing under Accounts > Cloud users of the admin page.

Regards,

Message 7 of 14
HungHsi
Aspirant

Hi Jenn, 

Thanks for responding. 

I've turned the ReadyCloud status ON and OFF and I've also restarted the ReadyNAS. Both did not fix the issue. 

Here is the screen print of the issue. 

In the ReadyNAS admin page, Cloud User has been invited. 
Capture01.JPG

In the ReadyCloud User GUI, logged in as hunghsisu@gmail.com
Capture02.JPG

Capture03.JPG

Message 8 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello HungHsi,

What does it show for "signed in as" when you get to to ReadyNAS admin page > Cloud?

Reagrds,

Message 9 of 14
HungHsi
Aspirant

Jenn, 

It's showing signed in as hunghsisu@gmail.com

Capture05.JPG

Message 10 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello HungHsi,

ReadyCloud has features of home shares where ReadyCloud users that are allowed to access the NAS and even your main ReadyCloud account has home share where you can store personal files. If you have not used this home share and store some important data, try turning OFF ReadyCloud and leaving it. Leaving ReadyCloud will delete the ReadyCloud users and thier home shares and you just need to re-register and use your main ReadyCloud account again then re-add the ReadyCloud users you invited before.

Regards,

Message 11 of 14
HungHsi
Aspirant

Jenn, 

Thank you for your response, but I'm struggling to understand your instructions. 

Quote: ReadyCloud has features of home shares where ReadyCloud users that are allowed to access the NAS and even your main ReadyCloud account has home share where you can store personal files.

Yes, I undrestand that I can share my NAS with other cloud users and I can store my personal files too. 

Quote: If you have not used this home share and store some important data, try turning OFF ReadyCloud and leaving it.

I have tried that, and I've included screen prints in my reply above. By completing the above instruction did not re-register the device back to my ReadyCloud account, Hunghsisu@gmail.com. I still do not see my ReadyNAS in my ReadyCloud APP or ReadyCould web GUI. 

Quote:.....you just need to re-register and use your main ReadyCloud account again then re-add the ReadyCloud users you invited before.

Re-register /  re-add, this is by turning the ReadyCloud slide bar in the ReadyNAS admin web GUI OFF and ON right?
If not, then please instruct me how to do so?

Message 12 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello HungHsi,

There should be a leave button to click to unregister your main ReadyCloud account then when you turn the ReadyCloud back ON, it will allow you to enter your ReadyCloud account.

Just remember to backup data that your ReadyCloud invited users and your main ReadyCloud account stored to their home shares.

Regards,

Message 13 of 14
HungHsi
Aspirant

Thank you Jenn, 

Everything is finally back to normal. I can see my NAS on the ReadyCloud APP now. 

I thought I did the same steps as your response above, but clearly something was different this time around. 

Thank you for your patience, I'm glad to have my NAS back online. 

Regards, Steven SU

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements