× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 apache2.service

wayneb14
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104 apache2.service

Hi, I;m having a problem my NAS sahres are still accessible but i cannot login to the web iterface , the blue light on front of unit is flashing. and the display says 'retry startup', if i then press the blue button it says 'apache2.service' then on a naohter press it says 'booting....' but goes back to retry startup.

I have treid removing apache2 and re-installing but no use. (see below)

apt-get --purge remove apache2

apt-get autoremove

Then installing apache2 is as simple as:

apt-get install apache2

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Any help greatly appreciated

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 9
GalacticaRaptor
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 104 apache2.service

It appears I have the exact same problem as you on my RN314 device on firmware 6.8.1. Shares are all accessible but the web interface is down, and ReadyCloud app on Windows can't find my device.

Ran systemctl status apache2 and got the following output:

/# systemctl status apache2
● apache2.service - The Apache HTTP Server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2017-10-14 01:02:02 PDT; 58s ago
  Process: 5630 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/apache2 $OPTIONS -k start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
  Process: 5526 ExecStartPre=/frontview/bin/fvapps (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server...
apache2[5630]: [Sat Oct 14 01:02:02 2017] [warn] module auth_token_module is already loaded, skipping
apache2[5630]: apache2: Syntax error on line 244 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of /et
c/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.load: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into server: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so: wrong
ELF class: ELFCLASS32
systemd[1]: apache2.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
systemd[1]: Failed to start The Apache HTTP Server.
systemd[1]: apache2.service: Unit entered failed state.
systemd[1]: apache2.service: Triggering OnFailure= dependencies. systemd[1]: apache2.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Looks like apache2 is borked for me as well.

Anyone has ideas?

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 2 of 9
wayneb14
Aspirant

I've just done a factory reset and its now working spent ages trying different things.

OS Reinstall didnt work

Message 3 of 9
GalacticaRaptor
Aspirant

Doesn’t the Factory reset also wipe your data? Really trying to avoid having to do that... I tried the OS Reinstall to no avail as well.
Message 4 of 9
wayneb14
Aspirant

Yes, It will wipe data and set eveything back to default, but I tried OS Re-Insatll twice and lots of other things from lots of different posts, but nothing worked. I copied all my data to External Drives, it was the only way

Message 5 of 9
GalacticaRaptor
Aspirant

I have ~8tb of backups and data 😞

Pinging @mdgm-ntgr, if you have any ideas?

Message 6 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@wayneb14 wrote:

I have tried removing apache2 and re-installing but no use.

It's not a good idea to try things like that without doing proper troubleshooting first.

Retry Startup would suggest an issue starting the management service (readynasd)

apache2 failing to load a php module would suggest a problem with an app's install of PHP, not a problem with apache.

Message 7 of 9
GalacticaRaptor
Aspirant

Any thoughts on my particular issue? My device boots fine and no errors on the NAS's display, but just web interface doesn't load up as my apache seems to be broken too. I haven't uninstalled any apps or similar recently, just decided to login one day and suddenly realized I could no longer get in.

Message 8 of 9
wayneb14
Aspirant

Hi, I spent hours going through various posts which didn't work, Initailly it had a probelm with the transmission app (fv-app transmission), so I removed and re-installed that, then it wen onto the apache2.service message, so retried re-installing apache, I pretty much re-installed everything in case of corruption, and also tried OS Reiinstall from boot menu which went through firmware update, but still went back to same message apache2.service. I was getting concerned about data loss with all the fiddling so ended up copying 4TB of data off the drives (Whilst i could still access) to exterrnal and went  for the Factory Reset.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements