× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 516 just upgraded to 6.7.1 and data volume has not loaded

kentd
Tutor

@Skywalker wrote:

I see a /data-0 folder on your root volume.  Please check if that holds anything important; if not go ahead and remove it and reboot.  Your data volume should come back after that.

Just so i get this correct, can you please advise the SSH command to delete that folder?

Message 26 of 36
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

rm -rf /data-0
Message 27 of 36
kentd
Tutor

@Skywalker wrote:
rm -rf /data-0

confirmed nothign i need in there, it has ./.timemachine and ./Amazonclouddrive - neither of which are required. 
i mounted it as mnt, cd/mnt into it, and then tried your remove command:

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 8.07.28 PM.png

Message 28 of 36
NASguru
Apprentice

@kentd wrote:

@Skywalker wrote:
rm -rf /data-0

confirmed nothign i need in there, it has ./.timemachine and ./Amazonclouddrive - neither of which are required. 

Ken, did you get your volume missing issue resolved.  If so, what was the solution?  I too run a backup job from one NAS to another and wonder if it wrote some data to the root volume by mistake which resulted in my issues?

Message 29 of 36
kentd
Tutor

@NASguru wrote:

@kentd wrote:

@Skywalker wrote:
rm -rf /data-0

Ken, did you get your volume missing issue resolved.  If so, what was the solution?  I too run a backup job from one NAS to another and wonder if it wrote some data to the root volume by mistake which resulted in my issues?

Not yet, @mdgm-ntgrand @Skywalker have the tech support code - so hopefully they can remove that folder from root and it will bring back my regular data volume.

Message 30 of 36
NASguru
Apprentice

@kentd wrote:

@NASguru wrote:

@kentd wrote:

@Skywalker wrote:
rm -rf /data-0

Not yet, @mdgm-ntgrand @Skywalker have the tech support code - so hopefully they can remove that folder from root and it will bring back my regular data volume.

Oh, so they can remote into our systems if needed.  I sent mdgm my logs on a previous thread so I'll waint on his response to them before attempting to remove any potentional large folders/files.  

Message 31 of 36
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

/data-0/.timemachine was a subvolume, so a regular deletion didn't work.  I removed the subvolume and directory, and now everything is mounted normally.

Message 32 of 36
kentd
Tutor

@Skywalker wrote:

/data-0/.timemachine was a subvolume, so a regular deletion didn't work.  I removed the subvolume and directory, and now everything is mounted normally.

Thanks so much. Confirmed both volumes are up. Is it goign to survive restarts etc?

Message 33 of 36
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

kentd wrote:
Thanks so much. Confirmed both volumes are up. Is it goign to survive restarts etc?

Yes, there shouldn't be any issue with restarting or updating.

Message 34 of 36
kentd
Tutor

I followed GUI prompts and installed 6.7.3 today, however since then the closest i get to runnings is 'management service is offline' in raidar.

SSH is available.

Logs can't be downloaded from raidar, however the diagnostics shows lots of entries like this: 
2017-05-26 19:55:12: transmission-da[5730]: segfault at 4 ip 00007fa98468efa9 sp 00007fa980e22ca0 error 6 in libc-2.19.so[7fa9845d9000+1a1000]

root@KDNAS4:/mnt/var# df -h

Filesystem          Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

udev                 10M  4.0K   10M   1% /dev

/dev/md0            4.0G  1.5G     0 100% /

tmpfs               1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /dev/shm

tmpfs               1.9G   33M  1.9G   2% /run

tmpfs               960M   12K  960M   1% /run/lock

tmpfs               1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup

/dev/mapper/eda1-0   17T   12T  4.6T  73% /eda1

/dev/mapper/data-0   11T  7.2T  3.8T  66% /data

/dev/mapper/data-0   11T  7.2T  3.8T  66% /home

/dev/mapper/data-0   11T  7.2T  3.8T  66% /apps

Any ideas please?

Message 35 of 36
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you have updated to 6.7.3 and ran into this issue please try USB Boot Recovery with ReadyNAS OS 6.7.4 which is now available!

If you have not yet upgraded please upgrade to 6.7.4 rather than 6.7.3. If your system has already been fixed I would still suggest updating to 6.7.4 the normal way using the web admin GUI.

Message 36 of 36
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 35 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements