× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

joeycatanese
Follower

New ReadyNAS unit. I have it booted up and on a LAN with a laptop for configuring. RAIDar 6.3.0 program shows the status as Healthy, Firmware 6.6.0, IP Address of 169.254.1.237, all four HDDs are showing green checkmarks. Laptop is configured as 169.254.1.230/24 and networked to the NAS vis a TPLink TL-SF1008D. I can navigate to https://169.254.1.237/admin and log in using the default password, but then I get the Admin Page is offline error, using both IE11 and Firefox 56. There seems to be no networking issues, as the laptop can ping the machine. There is no troublshooting option in the RAIDar utility. I have already "gracefully restarted" the NAS.

Any other options?

Model: RN2120v2|Readynas 2120v2 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Is the volume still shown as syncing in RAIDar?  If so, that can cause glitches in the interface.

If not, then the NAS runs from the OS installed on the drives, not from flash, and it sounds like something may have gone wrong when it installed it on your drives.  Try an OS re-install from the boot menu: /How-do-I-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-ReadyNAS-102-202-212-or-312.  Since you haven't put any data on it yet, doing a complete factory reset from the same menu is another option, but it will have to re-sync your volume again.

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

If you purchased this new, then you are entitled to free phone support - try my.netgear.com

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements