× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo - IIS Application and HHD Compatibility

Georgyboy
Follower

ReadyNAS Duo - IIS Application and HHD Compatibility

Hello to all,
I would like to buy a ReadyNAS Duo but i need to understand if it covers my needs:

1) Can It work with HDD SATA I - WDC WD4000AAJS-0? Because i have two HDD of this model and for budget I prefer don't buy a new HDD.
My HDD are not included in the compatibility list, anyone had used this model of HHD, or can confirm that I can mount.

2) May I use it to "surf" in local my web application, specification in detail below:
I would like to store on NAS my web application built in Classic ASP, .NET, or PHP.
Then, from my PC (Windows 7), I would like to surf/run the applications (not browsing the folder/files) before to perform the deploy on the web.
As you know, usually IIS need a shared folder (eg: IUSR account) in Read/write mode.

For several reasons instead of the local HDD I would like to use the NAS, so the ReadyNAS Duo can cover the point 1and 2?

Otherwise can you suggest me a NETGEAR NAS, in the same price range, that can do it?
Hoping in a your quickly feedback, because my Old NAS left me, I say hello to all,

Regards,
Nicola
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements