× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo v1 salvaging

rocktheroad
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo v1 salvaging

Hi guys,

Mine Duo v1 hang up few times and every time I had to pull out power cord as nothing else worked. After "reboot" it fires up, pass all checks, and start syncing volume until it hangs again. So I decided to buy new NAS and disks to migrate data. But I made one mistake, I have tried to clean with air blower old Duo v1 and his disks and when I finished I was not sure what was correct order of disks. Have no idea how to check what was correct order of drives. I have downloaded all logs, but not sure is there any "serial number" or any identification associated with slot number.

I was very naive with idea to take disk from Duo's slot2 and mount as external e-sata disk to new NAS and copy data. I have read here that Duo's v1 file system is specific and can't be read by x86 systems. Now I have to figure out how to put drives back and try to run Duo as long as possible until I copy data to new NAS. I hope that there is way to stop syncing and just flush data over network or USB to some other place, as I believe syncing will slow down copy process and it will stuck again before it completes.

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Duo v1 salvaging

You can read the files if you connect disk 1 to a Windows PC and install linux reader (http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/). That would (a) positively identify disk 1, and (b) give you an alternative way to migrate the data.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements