× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ / Duo v2 (arm) Dyn DNS

ihartley
Tutor

ReadyNAS NV+ / Duo v2 (arm) Dyn DNS

Hi,

Just thought I share my experience.... I was disappointed that there wasn't an add-in for arm. But a little digging made is simple anyway:

0. Install ssh, and login
1. Install ddclient : apt-get install ddclient
2. Fill in the config info asked for during install or leave it blank
3. Edit the /etc/ddclient.conf file - see ddclient info on web for details. Some dyn dns clients (e.g. I use dyndns) will even generate the conf file for you
4. Run /etc/init.d/ddclient restart (I think it's needed but I'm a noob and not a linux guru)
5. Check update on your dyn dns site and via /var/log/syslog

I was expecting to jump though hoops, whereas in reality creating an add-in would be jumping through hoops. For me anyway.

I would like to see more if these "household tips". I finally have a low-cost, low-power 24/7 box, so of course I want it to do what my otherwise power-crazy PC did.

I really like this box!! I would imagine anyone that buys one is savvy enough to do the above. Sure an add-in is nice, but for lots of "1-shot config" it's not needed. Well, it would be nice if Netgear had already developed all this basic stuff 😄
Message 1 of 4
t3chfre4k
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ / Duo v2 (arm) Dyn DNS

Hi, Im totally new to this, ive managed to ssh into my readynas duo v2, but i dont know how to get the ddclient onto my readynas, where do i get the correct bin, and how do i put the bin on it to then execute the command apt-get install ddclient? now it just says
-bash: Reading: command not found
root@nas-BE-6E-76:~# E: Unable to locate package ddclient
-bash: E:: command not found

Please help me, I've been looking all over the place, i'm missing out on something probably really simple and rather noobish 😉

Best regards!
Message 2 of 4
t3chfre4k
Aspirant

Oh, just out of a hunch, I tried the command apt-get update, then I could use the apt-get install ddclient =D
Message 3 of 4
theluke79
Aspirant

It works!
Had to use the wiki ddclient page, using it as daemon.
thanks!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements