× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ v1 won't boot, can't recover data - need help

rusyus
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ v1 won't boot, can't recover data - need help

My NV+ version 1 is stuck booting.

its a very old one, bought about 10 years ago. Bought new, but for some reason it does not have any serial number on it.

Was working fine for a long time, the only issue - i had to replace power supply once. 

Before it stopped booting, it was on for a while, but became unresponsive, so i restarted it. After restart, it never came back on 😞

It starts booting and gets stuck for hours not going any further, one light slowly flashing.

i tested RAM - it tests OK. One disk probably has bad sectors, but removing it does not help much. (the reason i know about it, is because i tried recovery softwares to get my data back, but that one disk gives problems to all softwares i tried. Also, neither one software was able to detect the parameters for data recovery, so no luck)

at this point i just need my data recovered, but don't know how to get it. Where can i get help? 

Model: RND4000 |ReadyNAS NV+ v1|EOL
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello rusyus,

You may need to get in touch with support if this is the case. Data recovery contract may be needed too.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello rusyus,

Please try Skip Volume Check from the boot menu. Once you are able to get in, check the disks for reallocated sectors and pending errors, as well as ATA errors.

Please also back up data as soon as possible. We always strongly recommend backing up data, it is not a good idea putting important files to just one device. 🙂

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
rusyus
Aspirant

THanks, JennC

Started with skip volume check option, did not go anywhere. Still was stuck on Booting...

tried taking out bad drive and do the same thing, not its stuck on "Booting... Resycing Volume" (power button slowly blinking)

don't know what it means, really hope i'm not loosing data

Message 3 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello rusyus,

You may need to get in touch with support if this is the case. Data recovery contract may be needed too.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
rusyus
Aspirant

OK thanks. Do you have any phone numbers for me? (Other than general)
Message 5 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello rusyus,

Try getting to this link.

Regards,

Message 6 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello rusyus,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements