× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Restart Alarm

TBS2000
Follower

ReadyNAS Restart Alarm

I have just moved office and when I restarted the ReadyNAS 3200 there was a high pitched alarm. After 24hrs I did a normal reboot and the alarm still remains after another 1hr. How long does a restart normally take? Any suggestions/comments?

Model: RN12P|READYNAS 3200 NETWORK STORAGE SYSTEM - CHASSIS|EOL
Message 1 of 5
aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Can you log in to Frontview web GUI and check for any error messages?

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

I don't own a rack-mount unit, but AFAIK no ReadyNAS models have speakers, so they can't generate audible alarms.

Is it possible that you have a failing disk?

Message 3 of 5
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

The rackmount units have alarm sound relating to the PSU. This can happen when there is a PSU that is not connected via power outlet or is not getting enough power to report the PSU is online.
In either case, you should be able to see something from the frontview interface regarding the possible power status.
Message 4 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

You have failed to provide power to both power supplies or one of the supplies has failed.  They are redundant supplies, so one alone can power the unit, but it will complain loudly that it is doing so.  If you simply cannot suppply power to both or you need to silence it while you find a replacement, just pull the unpowered/bad supply.

The chassis is a standard SuperMicro one and the power supplies are readily available.  On my 4200V2, they are Ablecom PWS-702A-1R's, but check yours before getting a replacement.  While higher wattage supplies are available, SuperMicro does not recommend mixing wattages.

I bought a used pair on eBay for just under $30 with shipping.  They are also availble new from any server supplier.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements