× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus vs Pro 2

workbench82
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus vs Pro 2

Hi everyone!

I'm doing some research for my customer who has backup needs in a Windows Server SBS 2008 network with 3-4 users. They will also attach to their network
two IP cameras in near future. I'm trying to find out which model I'm going to offer to them. I myself have Ultra 2 and I'm very pleased to it. But I also realize that
they have Windows Server SBS 2008 network and therefore can someone explain the basic differences. Will Ultra 2 Plus work also in Windows Server environment?

I appreciate greatly your answers in advance!!

Best regards,
Arto E.
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The Pro 2 has the same hardware as the Ultra 2 Plus but the Pro 2 has extra features including the ability to join a Windows 2008 Domain.

Note also that there is a new line of ReadyNAS models of which the 312 would be in the equivalent position.
Message 2 of 4
workbench82
Aspirant

Thank you mdgm for your tips! I still need some help. Can I use Ultra 2 Plus in a local network which also has Windows 2008 Domain in use? The main use would be to backup some database files for billing software from server computer to ReadyNAS. Also there would be two IP cameras which will record to this same NAS. Is there great benefit for using Pro 2?
Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes but you would need to manually create users on the NAS.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements