× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Betreff: ReadyNas 516 doesn't reach BOOT

TOM2806
Aspirant

ReadyNas 516 doesn't reach BOOT

Sorry, need your help. I am using my 516 already some years w/o any problems. Raid5 was installed (not XRAID). I exchanged two HD's (one after each other) and sync went well. With Raidar I saw that both 12TB Ironwolf were known and functioning but obviously the additional diskspace wasn't took into consideration. I rebooted the system (big mistake with hard reset) and now...

SYSTEM starts normal and welcome is blinking but it doesn't reach the BOOT session anymore. Raidar also doesnt see the system anymore. I agree to loose all data and want now simply a factory reset (with Reset button on the backside). But even this is ignored by the system. Only welcome and the display with ok and Netgear is blinking and the blower works with highest speed. 

Need a hint how I can force a factory reset. Thanks in advance.

Model: RN51662D|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TOM2806
Aspirant

Betreff: ReadyNas 516 doesn't reach BOOT

Can't belive it. After two days of frustration on hell of lost nerves I write here in the forum and one minute later the system starts itself (without any impact from my side) to boot. So seems topic can be closed. I will confirm it finally tomorrow (simply wanted to safe your time).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
TOM2806
Aspirant

Can't belive it. After two days of frustration on hell of lost nerves I write here in the forum and one minute later the system starts itself (without any impact from my side) to boot. So seems topic can be closed. I will confirm it finally tomorrow (simply wanted to safe your time).

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Well, I'm hoping that you won't need our help Smiley Wink

You probably should check through the logs after the dust settles though, just in case...

Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Betreff: ReadyNas 516 doesn't reach BOOT

I agree you should check through the logs. You can send those in if you like (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements