× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas Hard drive Serial Number

jdemoccc
Aspirant

ReadyNas Hard drive Serial Number

Does anyone know if there is anyway to determine the serial number of a hard drive inside a Netgear ReadyNas remotely? I am not onsite but i am trying to determine if the hard drive is still under warranty? I can see the serial number of the ReadyNas unit but i do not think the hard drives were bought with the unit but rather seperately.

Thanks

Joe

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

On the NV+ v1 go to Status > Health and look at the SMART stats for the disks. You'll see the disk serial numbers. You could alternatively download the logs and look in there.

Welcome to the Community!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

On the NV+ v1 go to Status > Health and look at the SMART stats for the disks. You'll see the disk serial numbers. You could alternatively download the logs and look in there.

Welcome to the Community!

Message 2 of 6
jdemoccc
Aspirant

Health only showed the model number but in the logs i found the serial number. thanks

Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

On the NV+ v1 there is a SMART+ button under Status > Health for each disk. Clicking on that would lead to a popular window opening showing the disk model, serial and SMART stats.

Message 4 of 6
jdemoccc
Aspirant

Thanks for the info, but i forgot to mention that the drive had failed and is currently missing so Smart+ is greyed out. But the logs helped.

Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Ah, yes. If the disk has gone bad that'll be the case.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements