× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas ultra 2 Firmware version

dubbfredda
Aspirant

ReadyNas ultra 2 Firmware version

Hi,

What version of firmware should I use for my ReadyNas ultra 2?

I'm about to reinstall my Nas but I don't understand what version of firmware I should choose.

I found following versions on the NETGEAR Community

- ARM

- x86

- x86_64

Which shall I select?

Or should I use OS 6?

And when I tried to download Plex media server there where following versions to choose from

- Intel 6.x

- ARM 6.x

- ARM 6.x RN2xx

Which shall I select?

Model: RNDU2000 |READYNAS ULTRA 2 |EOL
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas ultra 2 Firmware version

RAIDiator-x86 4.2.30 is the latest firmware for your NAS.

However if you want to run a current version of Plex Media Server (Intel 6.x) then you'd need to put OS6 onto your NAS. Doing so is not supported by NETGEAR but it can be done. The process does require a factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything) so you would need to backup your data first.

See OS6 now works on x86 Legacy WARNING: NO NTGR SUPPORT!

Message 2 of 5
dubbfredda
Aspirant

Can I use any of the other versions of Plex Media Server if I not will update to OS6 ?

- ARM 6.x

- ARM 6.x RN2xx

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You can use the Intel 4.x Plex Media Server app which hasn't received any updates for quite some time. Over time more and more Plex features in client apps would fail to work with that.

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@dubbfredda wrote:

Can I use any of the other versions of Plex Media Server if I not will update to OS6 ?

- ARM 6.x

- ARM 6.x RN2xx

ARM is the processor type, and you have an x86 (Intel) processor.  So you can't use the ARM builds.  

Plex chose to drop legacy ReadyNAS (OS 4.2 and OS 5) last year, so you can only get current builds if you switch to OS 6.  As mdgm says, you can use the outdated versions for the legacy NAS.  Or convert to OS 6, or run plex on a PC (keeping the media itself on the NAS).

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements