× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNasRN10200

StephenB
Guru

@A-Space wrote:

2.123.x.x - I've checked and the public address starts with a 2.123

Thanks.  ReadyCloud uses 5.x.x.x addresses for it's VPN  (it shouldn't, but that's another story).  I believe there are a couple of 5.x.x.x address in Amsterdam, and if you'd gotten one, you likely wouldn't be able to use ReadyCloud.

Did you try forwarding the ReadyCloud port in your router (to the NAS).  The default port number is 6300.

Message 26 of 29
A-Space
Aspirant

I haven't tried this, please could you explain how to do, thanks
Message 27 of 29
StephenB
Guru

@A-Space wrote:
I haven't tried this, please could you explain how to do, thanks

The details are different for each router model - you can try googling "port forwarding" with your router model and see what comes up.  Maybe also let us know what router you have.

Overall, the process involves

• - use a local IP address for the NAS, so it always gets the same one.  The best way to do this is to use DHCP in the NAS itself, and reserve the address in the router.  Most routers have this feature - some call it "address reservation", others call it "ARP binding".
  • -then forward port 6300 in the router to that local IP address.
Message 28 of 29
A-Space
Aspirant

Checked all this was in place - was all ok. Somehow it asked me to input 'FACTORY' to continue - I should have realised it was a reset... anyway it's wiped everything and now it works with readycloud. Luckily all the data is backed-up on the second one so I will have to bring it to The Netherlands when I return in 2 weeks and copy the data over. I think I will leave them in the same location until I have figured out how to use them better! I may need your help again in 2 weeks to configure the backup process to work again since I think it wiped all the settings! Thanks for trying to help :))

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements