× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNasRN10200

A-Space
Aspirant

ReadyNasRN10200

2 problems - ReadyNasRN10200:

Trying to switch on ReadyCloud in Admin Page and it has an error message saying - I've tried rebooting too:

Also I am trying to share a folder with another user - they set up an account but it keeps saying the following error message - I've tried everything including registering etc. as listed below - I have tried adding another user to share the folder with using another email address and that works fine - I think when he set up the account it didn't correctly configure - is there a way to delete this email account and start again? Any other ideas why he can't view any folders once logged in? Thanks

Thanks

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 29

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNasRN10200

@A-Space wrote:

When enabling ReadyCloud, NAS should not be integrated to AD - how can I check this please?

By default, the NAS doesn't use AD - and generally you would know if you have it set up this way.

You can check it via the web ui - select the "accounts" tab, and then click on "authentication".  If "access type" is set to "local users" you are not using Active Directory. 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 29

All Replies
A-Space
Aspirant

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 16.34.14.png

Message 2 of 29
A-Space
Aspirant

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 16.34.14.png

Message 3 of 29
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello A-Space,

The screenshot is too small or blurry that I cannot read the message.

Please make sure that you do not use the same email address on local users and ReadyCloud user whether it is a ReadyCloud account that has admin rights or just an invited ReadyCloud account user. It is because all account, local user and ReadyCloud users will have their own home (personal) folder that will be named as user's account name.

When enabling ReadyCloud, NAS should not be integrated to AD and should also have active Internet connection.

Regards,

Message 4 of 29
StephenB
Guru

Also, what firmware are you running?

Message 5 of 29
A-Space
Aspirant

Thanks - checked - latest firmware - one problem has been solved - I haven't solved the problem of being able to turn one of the Nazdrives to work on readycloud. I keep getting this error message (please see screenshot attached) - I will try again to resolve this afternoon. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Message 6 of 29
A-Space
Aspirant

Thanks - one problem has been solved - I haven't solved the problem of being able to turn one of the Nazdrives to work on readycloud. I keep getting this error message (Something is preventing the ReadyNAS from connecting to the ReadyCloud server. Please reboot your ReadyNAS and try again) - I have done this. Once I have tried to turn readycloud ON in the admin settings, I enter email and password and received this error message - tried rebooting NAS, computer and internet connection - still no luck - and waiting / trying for the last few days.

Message 7 of 29
A-Space
Aspirant

Sorry could not attached screenshot... this is the error message...(Something is preventing the ReadyNAS from connecting to the ReadyCloud server. Please reboot your ReadyNAS and try again) - I have done this. Once I have tried to turn readycloud ON in the admin settings, I enter email and password and received this error message - tried rebooting NAS, computer and internet connection - still no luck - and waiting / trying for the last few days.

Message 8 of 29
A-Space
Aspirant

Hi Jenn

I have checked the internet connection - all ok ....When enabling ReadyCloud, NAS should not be integrated to AD - how can I check this please? Tried to find an unable.

Thanks

Andrea

Message 9 of 29
StephenB
Guru

@A-Space wrote:

When enabling ReadyCloud, NAS should not be integrated to AD - how can I check this please?

By default, the NAS doesn't use AD - and generally you would know if you have it set up this way.

You can check it via the web ui - select the "accounts" tab, and then click on "authentication".  If "access type" is set to "local users" you are not using Active Directory. 

Message 10 of 29
A-Space
Aspirant

Thanks - I have checked and all ok - set to local users. If I go to the Cloud Tab and try to set readycloud on - it's still giving me that error message. Any suggestions would be great thanks

Message 11 of 29
StephenB
Guru

What firmware are you running?

Message 12 of 29
A-Space
Aspirant

Hi Stephen, it says the latest firmware is up to date - checked for updates - 6.7.4 version

Message 13 of 29
StephenB
Guru

You have other NAS using Readycloud on the same network that work ok?

If so, how many?

Message 14 of 29
A-Space
Aspirant

Hi, yes I have one other that does work - they are in different locations but communicate to each other to back up and you can see them both when logging in - everything is working as normal on one, however not the other - I am logging into the PC remotely that the other Nas is next to.

Message 15 of 29
StephenB
Guru

@A-Space wrote:

they are in different locations

But on the same LAN???

I'm wondering if you should try changing the port number that ReadyCloud uses.

Message 16 of 29
A-Space
Aspirant

One is in The Netherlands and the other in England! They were working ok until about one month ago - when Netgear made updates.

Message 17 of 29
StephenB
Guru

@A-Space wrote:

One is in The Netherlands and the other in England! 

Ok, NOT on the same LAN.

It could still be a firewall issue, especially if the NAS IP address changed after the update.

Is IPv6 enabled on the NAS?  If so, maybe try disabling that next.

Message 18 of 29
A-Space
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen - tried that and already disabled. Any other ideas?

Message 19 of 29
StephenB
Guru

Is the NAS that fails in a home environment or a business environment?

Also, was it just purchased?

Message 20 of 29
A-Space
Aspirant

Hi Stephen, they are each in a home environment. They were purchased in 2014 and were working with this set up until a few months ago. Thanks

Message 21 of 29
StephenB
Guru

@A-Space wrote:

Hi Stephen, they are each in a home environment. They were purchased in 2014 and were working with this set up until a few months ago. Thanks

One is working now?  Only one can't be connected to readycloud?

Message 22 of 29
A-Space
Aspirant

That's correct - only one. One is working fine and I can access everything by logging in or using the app on my macbook. The other will not even let me change the switch on for readycloud in the admin area - I am trying to do this directly from the PC it is connected to - I can get into the admin area and make other changes however when I try to change readycloud to on, I keep getting the same error message as described earlier. Thanks

Message 23 of 29
StephenB
Guru

Does your public (internet) IP address begin with 5.x.x.x?

Message 24 of 29
A-Space
Aspirant

2.123.x.x - I've checked and the public address starts with a 2.123

Message 25 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements