× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Duo - Unable to access web page and unable to recognise disk

sitgestraveller
Follower

Readynas Duo - Unable to access web page and unable to recognise disk

I hope somebody can help.  I'm a complete newbie and thought that a NAS would be a useful thing to have.

I bought a second hand Readnas Duo Version 2 (the version with the VERY big fan at the back which fully occupies the width of the casing).

I have 2 issues.

1) I can't access the Readynas admin page using any browser although I can get the IP address from my router web admin. I can ping the readynas though.

2) It doesn't seem to recognise a disk (pre-formatted).  I've read that I need a BLANK disk for it to be recognised (which I don't know how to achieve without buying a new disk).  Alternatively, I have read that I would need to factory reset the readynas but I don't know how to do that with getting to the Readnynas Admin page (which I can't do!).

Can any one advise me please?

Thanks,

Mike.

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas Duo - Unable to access web page and unable to recognise disk

The Duo v2 is end-of-life (discontinued by Netgear in 2013). You probably have a used unit (and Netgear only offers paid support to original purchasers).  You can of course seek advice here.

The current equivalent ReadyNAS is the RN212.

@sitgestraveller wrote:

I have read that I would need to factory reset the readynas but I don't know how to do that with getting to the Readnynas Admin page (which I can't do!).

See page 16 of the hardware manual ( http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/ReadyNAS_Duov2_NV+v2_HW_en_23-Mar-12.pdf )

@sitgestraveller wrote:

1) I can't access the Readynas admin page using any browser although I can get the IP address from my router web admin. I can ping the readynas though.

There is a utility called RAIDar that can give you additional status.  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements