× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas OS6 future requests

ReadyAS
Aspirant

Thanks for your answer StephenB. I'm asking about version 6, so my request is still open...

In version 4 I had this functionality.

Maybe any Netgear Engeneer could answer, please?

Message 51 of 56
StephenB
Guru

@ReadyAS wrote:

Thanks for your answer StephenB. I'm asking about version 6, so my request is still open...

In version 4 I had this functionality.

Maybe any Netgear Engeneer could answer, please?

You are asking about your Pro-4 running OS6 then?  Or a different NAS?

Message 52 of 56
ReadyAS
Aspirant

I'm asking simply about OS6 feature. Doesn't matter about the hardware.

Message 53 of 56
cpu8088
Virtuoso

hardware does matter

os6 has been designed with current models. processors in legacy models have limitations thus not all features can be accommodated

Message 54 of 56
StephenB
Guru

@cpu8088 wrote:

hardware does matter

os6 has been designed with current models. processors in legacy models have limitations thus not all features can be accommodated

I was thinking that also (and certainly some power-up features require bios support).  But if you look back to the original ask (almost a year ago), it doesn't look like that's the situation here.

@ReadyAS wrote:

Beta 3 is released already and unfortunatelly there is no possibility to define the time of switch-off the NAS (ONLY switch-off).
Is there any chance to do the change yet?

All that is wanted is a way to power off the NAS on schedule, with no corresponding power on.  

Message 55 of 56
ReadyAS
Aspirant

" All that is wanted is a way to power off the NAS on schedule, with no corresponding power on.  "

Exactly! 🙂

In OS4 there was no problem with it. Unfortunatelly it is not possible in OS6 GUI for now 😞

Message 56 of 56
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements