× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Strange Item on Customer Support Survey

kevinp
Aspirant

Strange Item on Customer Support Survey

After speaking with a rep, I received a link to the Customer Support Survey tonight. This item had me scratching my head:

How can a 7 or an 8 be "neutral?" Why is there no "likely" on the scale between "neutral" and "very likely?" If this is a mistake -- and I hope it is -- I'll bet your answer data for this question is unreliable.
Message 1 of 2
chirpa
Luminary

Re: Strange Item on Customer Support Survey

Not a mistake, taken right from the book on Net Promoter Score; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_Promoter. They shouldn't be exposing the scale to the customer though. By adding those dividers to the survey, if you were somewhat likely to recommend (in reality, a 7-8), you would probably click 9/10. Then they can report to management that their NPS score is high, when its really false data, giving customer a fake bias.

The Net Promoter Score, or NPS®, is based on the fundamental perspective that every company’s customers can be divided into three categories: Promoters, Passives, and Detractors.

By asking one simple question — How likely is it that you would recommend [your company] to a friend or colleague? — you can track these groups and get a clear measure of your company’s performance through your customers’ eyes. Customers respond on a 0-to-10 point rating scale and are categorized as follows:

Promoters (score 9-10) are loyal enthusiasts who will keep buying and refer others, fueling growth.
Passives (score 7-8) are satisfied but unenthusiastic customers who are vulnerable to competitive offerings.
Detractors (score 0-6) are unhappy customers who can damage your brand and impede growth through negative word-of-mouth.

To calculate your company’s NPS, take the percentage of customers who are Promoters and subtract the percentage who are Detractors.

Companies like Apple are usually around a score of 80. Cable and Telco companies (such as Comcast/AT&T) with their awesome outsourced support are typically in the 20's. NTGR would sit in the mid-30's most likely.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements