× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Subsonic Genie App Crashes Daily

NV_v2
Aspirant

I'm using the ReadyNAS NV+ v2, and purchased the Subsonic App from the Genie App store. Every day the app crashes and I am not able to access it either from a computer or using isub from my iPhone. A simple restart of the app solves this problem, but why does it happen in the first place?
Message 1 of 5
super_poussin
Virtuoso

Need perhaps to implement a cron job to restart it

How many songs do you have ?
Message 2 of 5
NV_v2
Aspirant

Re: Subsonic Genie App Crashes Daily

Hi super-poussin,
I'm a newbie to the ReadyNAS world, so I'm not exactly sure what a cron job is, could you possibly walk me through it if need be? I am just starting to put music on my NAS, I only have 1,006 songs on it presently, certainly not many by most people's standards, but I plan to fill it up once everything is working ok.

When Subsonic works it is great! I also see a note in the top right hand corner indicating a new version is available. Should I ignore that? Will Subsonic be updated automatically?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Message 3 of 5
NV_v2
Aspirant

I just upgraded to ARM 5.3.7, this may have fixed the crashing issue. I will test it for a few days to see.
Message 4 of 5
NV_v2
Aspirant

Nope, the upgraded firmware did not help this issue. It appears that the issue might be related to the scheduled folder scanning. If I turn off the scanning Subsonic does not crash, but when I have it scheduled the app crashes, the green light is greyed out after the crash. When I uncheck the box and save it, Subsonic says something like the service is already stopped due to an error (I don't remember the exact wording, I forgot to write it down). Once I restart the service it works fine. I will manually scan folders for now, just updating them when I add new media.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements