× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Suggested quick-start docs

darkavich
Tutor

Suggested quick-start docs

Hey Developers,
I recently purchased a 31600 unit. Having no drives in the unit, I added my drives. The system booted and generates a boot drive corruption error. While this is absolutely normal it took me a good 4 hours to find out how to fix it. Might I suggest that you add a quick-start insert that states "your unit has shipped with no drives, after inserting your drives you will need to do a factory reset to create a new raid group and format your drives". Or something to that effect? This might help others in the future.

Thanks,
-Steve
Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Suggested quick-start docs

If you are running a recent version of ReadyNAS OS and if you had opened RAIDar you would have been prompted to do a factory reset. Though

If the drives you inserted had been blank unformatted disks with no partitions on them the NAS would have automatically done a factory reset. As you did not have blank disks it did not automatically do a factory reset in case you didn't want your disks wiped.

Both the installation guide and the hardware manual already discuss the need to format previously used disks. See http://support.netgear.com/product/ReadyNAS-OS6
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements