× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Surveillance Questions

David_Smith
Aspirant

Surveillance Questions

I am considering purchasing a ReadyNAS unit to store CCTV video. I am sure this is a common question but unfortunately I couldn't find the answer by searching - is there a way to display the video on a television? I see that some unite have an HDMI output but am not clear on whether all it supports is an on-screen menu, or if it can be used to display CCTV type content with a menu overlay.
Message 1 of 4
chirpa
Luminary

Re: Surveillance Questions

HDMI port is not used at this time.
Message 2 of 4
David_Smith
Aspirant

Thanks. I did a search and found a number of devices that can take a streams and output them in a format to get them onto a television.
Message 3 of 4
naboki
Aspirant

Hi there,

I'm also new in the world of NAS, actually searching for my first one and hope you can support me: Is the above mentioned question/answer still valid? Meaning that after more then a year the HDMI output is still useless in case of viewing e.g. movies on a TV directly connected to the 316 without a man-in-the-middle?

I could not find an updated status of this by searching. All other details of the device would make me believe, that the 316 is the best choice for what I'm searching for, but if the HDMI is still a useless gimmick, then this would be a direct no-go unfortunately (and also surprising, as other vendors advertize this as a working feature in their products).

Looking forward for a competent answer and stay with best wishes,
Robert
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements