× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Tripp-Lite UPS and Readynas 2100 not communicating

Spac
Aspirant

Tripp-Lite UPS and Readynas 2100 not communicating

Hello everyone!

Installing Readynas 2100 with a tripp-lite smart500rt1u UPS.  The 2100 does not see it connected to either USB port on it.  Am I missing something?  The UPS is NUTS compatible and was seen just fine with a test PC.

Thanks!

Rob

Model: ReadyNAS RNRX4410Dv2|ReadyNAS 2100
Message 1 of 5
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Tripp-Lite UPS and Readynas 2100 not communicating

Hello Spac,

For the Readynas device there is no special configuration to detect the UPS connected to it, possible hardware compatibility. When you connect the UPS to the NAS can you see alerts/errors on the logs on the admin page? You may also give us copy of the of the complete logs that was generated while the UPS was connected to the NAS.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Spac
Aspirant

Logs do not show anything regarding the UPS.  Appears that it does not see the UPS at all.  I'll try plugging in a usb thumb drive to the USB port later to see if it sees it.  I assume that since the UPS is on the NUTS compatability list it should work?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Spac wrote:

I assume that since the UPS is on the NUTS compatability list it should work?

It should - should being the key word.

Message 4 of 5
Spac
Aspirant

So confirmed:  USB ports all good.  Verified with thumb drive.

UPS is seen by PC and all seems good.

So it appears that its a compatability issue?  Any work around so that NAS can safely shut down in the event of a power falure?  The only other devices in the rack are a Cisco 4400 series AP controller and 2 HP 1810 switches.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements