× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble setting up NAS RN-102 with MyCloud

Cmw1977
Follower

Trouble setting up NAS RN-102 with MyCloud

Hi

I have recently setup a 2 bay NARN-102. I can see the NAS on my network and save files onto it by dragging them across. However, I cannot use it my MyCloud, it is not discoverable.

Using the Raidar software I can detect the NAS but cannot access it through the admin page as a UN and PW are requested due to a problem with the security certificate. I have performed a factory reset and tried signing in using the default UN of admin and PW of password but with no joy.

Following a factory reset, I have had the option to select "setup" in Raidar but when I do I am told the NAS cannot connect and to go to network settings. As I am a novice to this (as you probably can tell) I donot know what I should change in network settings.

If anyone can provide a step by step guide of what I can do to resolve the problem please respond.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Trouble setting up NAS RN-102 with MyCloud

I think you must mean ReadyCloud, not MyCloud.

The admin web UI will always ask for a username/password, that is not related to the certificate error.  If you sucessfully did the factory reset, then admin and password should have worked.

RAIDar should be giving you an IP address for the NAS.  Can you try pinging that address from your PC? First you run CMD, which will open a black text box.  Select that text box and enter ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (using the NAS ip address instead of the x's of course).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements