× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

UPS USB EATON AND READYNAS DUO ULTRA

bibo_net24
Aspirant

UPS USB EATON AND READYNAS DUO ULTRA

Lately, I have a UPS Eaton Ellipse Pro 1200, plugged in via USB with a ReadyNas Duo Ultra, which makes UPS servers for two more ReadyNas Duo and a ReadyNas 314.

The ReadyNas Duo Ultra recognizes the Eaton UPS, and the other ReadyNas also recognize the ReadyNas Duo Ultra as an UPS server.
The problem is that every 5 minutes it seems that the readyNas Duo Ultra for some time lost the connection with the Eaton UPS and this causes the issue of an email notification, generating a lot of spam ... I would not disable the notifications.
The same problem occurs by connecting the UPS to the other two ReadyNas Duo my own (the ReadyNas 314 does not handle UPS USB).
Can anyone help me to solve this awful situation?
  Suggestions?
Thank you
PS. Sorry but I do not speak English well.
Model: ReadyNAS RNDU2000|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
bibo_net24
Aspirant

Re: UPS USB EATON AND READYNAS DUO ULTRA

Hi everyone for your answers ... so, I found a solution that works for now ... I disconnected ups from readynas duo and instead I connected it to RN 314! Always via USB and now it's handled properly ... I also tried to simulate a blackout and the NAS ran automatic shutdown when the battery of the add-ons was almost discharged.
Before I had thought of connecting it to RN 314 because I thought Nas would not support the connection with an UPS via USB.
Ultimately, the UPS EATON PRO 1200 would seem to be handled well by RN 314, unlike ReadyNas Duo and ReadyNas Duo Ultra!
Maybe the problem is the ReadyNas Frontview interface, while ReadyNas OS 6.X.X is all right ... but I can not say it with certainty.

Thank you all.
Bye

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bibo_net24,

For the UPS there is no special configuration need to be done on ReadyNAS. You may click here to check the compatibility list to determine if your UPS is supported by the NAS.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

UPS monitoring in the ReadyNAS is provided via NUT (network UPS tools).  The NUT compatibility list, while listing the Elipse ECO, ASR, and MAX, does not list the Elipse Pro.  Another user of this forum has reported a similar problem with an Eaton 5S, whihc is on the NUT compatibility list.  I have an Eaton 5P and have no such problem.

I previoulsy searched for such instances in other forums and did find them for the 5S, with no resolution given.  The conclusion in one was that there was a flaw in the Eaton USB communications.  Whether this is also true for the Elipse Pro, I can't say, as I can find no messages about it and NUT.

Message 3 of 5
bibo_net24
Aspirant

Hi everyone for your answers ... so, I found a solution that works for now ... I disconnected ups from readynas duo and instead I connected it to RN 314! Always via USB and now it's handled properly ... I also tried to simulate a blackout and the NAS ran automatic shutdown when the battery of the add-ons was almost discharged.
Before I had thought of connecting it to RN 314 because I thought Nas would not support the connection with an UPS via USB.
Ultimately, the UPS EATON PRO 1200 would seem to be handled well by RN 314, unlike ReadyNas Duo and ReadyNas Duo Ultra!
Maybe the problem is the ReadyNas Frontview interface, while ReadyNas OS 6.X.X is all right ... but I can not say it with certainty.

Thank you all.
Bye

Message 4 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

The older NASes are going to have an older version of NUT included in their OS, so using newer model UPSes with them is going to be a gamble.

BTW, there is no such thing as a "Duo Ultra".  If you mean an Ultra2 or Ultra2Plus, then that can be upgraded  to OS 6.x, though it is not officially supported by Netgear.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements