× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Web Server

crazychimpjimbo
Aspirant

Web Server

Hi All

New to this community! Looking to use my readynas 314 to host a website. Has anyone got any ideas/instructions on how to do this?

Thank you!! 🙂

Message 1 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Web Server

Hi crazychimpjimbo,

Welcome to the community!

Kindly check this article for steps on how to create a webserver in your ReadyNAS system.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
crazychimpjimbo
Aspirant

Perfect!!! Next will be wordpress but ill no doubt make another thread when it comes to it!!!

Message 3 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi crazychimpjimbo,

Great! I hope i've been a big help to you. For the wordpress procedure or tips, you may want to create a new thread or topic.

Kind regards,

BrianL

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

That article has one major oversight -- the major IP's block port 80 on most non-commercial accounts.  So, you have to use an alternate to get around it.  When you set up the dynamic IP re-direct, also select an alternate port (I use 50080).  Then, at your router, direct external 50080 to internal 80 on the NAS.

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

That article has one major oversight -- the major IP's block port 80 on most non-commercial accounts.  

My ISP (verizon fios) used to block port 80, but that changed a while back.  Comcast doesn't block port 80 either.

So maybe test port 80 first (forward in your router, and then use http://www.canyouseeme.org/)

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements