× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why still no HDMI support on RN314?

DarkAza
Tutor

Why still no HDMI support on RN314?

Over a year now. This is ridiculous, I bought the readynas314 with the intention of using the hdmi port, only to find it wasnt implemented via software. When are we getting hdmi support?
Message 1 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Why still no HDMI support on RN314?

Split your post from http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=75143 to make it easier to follow

As you would have noted I mentioned in the thread I split your post from that the HDMI port is there for possible future use.

I have passed on your feature request.
Message 2 of 8
DarkAza
Tutor

Still waiting on HDMI support. Any news on this front?
Message 3 of 8
dsnider
Aspirant

I'm looking to purchase a replacement for my NetGear Stora, and have noticed that some of the hardware out there has a lot more functionality geared towards home media management. The QNAP products come with an HDMI port and the ability to run KODI (XBMC) directly on the NAS, which adds at least $100+ in added value (as you don't have to buy a separate "TV box" device). QNAP also supports a USB tuner to act as a PVR, but it only supports DVB (Europe). ReadyNas also supports ATSC tuners (North America). This adds value as well, possibly more than $100+ to not need a separate PVR device.

It would be really, really nice if the HDMI port was made accessible so that we could run KODI on the ReadyNas, and would make my purchasing decision much easier...
Message 4 of 8
StephenB
Guru

dsnider wrote:
It would be really, really nice if the HDMI port was made accessible so that we could run KODI on the ReadyNas, and would make my purchasing decision much easier...
Just to complicate it a bit more... :twisted:

I used to have a duo v1 in my family room, but relocated it because the fan was definitely audible when I was watching TV. The 2 or 4 bay units aren't a problem in my home office, but I wouldn't put an RN314 (or any other NAS) in my media center.
Message 5 of 8
sestav70
Aspirant

Io ho un rn312 e attendo con ansia una cosa che sembrerebbe così semplice!!!!!
Message 6 of 8
lavalamp
Aspirant

I would like to add my voice to this too, would love Plex to be able to use this port, with an AirMouse this would be sweet as bro.

Message 7 of 8
m1sterd
Tutor

I would also like this feature, I have had my ReadyNas RNS516 since almost launch day where there was talk of the HDMI port being supported, since then I have purchased a cheap Asusstor 2 bay that runs Kodi, Plex, Chrome Browser and other apps that use its HDMI port, almost as a mini media/smart device.

On a similar topic I purchased a Synology DS-1813+ so that I could have a containiner for several applications I was interested in (VPN, Docker etc.) as it seems the Netgear app store is lacking in apps available on many other platforms, or at least lacking in Netgear supports apps (VPN etc.), so at the moment my ReadyNas sits powered off most of the time, which is a shame as from a technical stand point, it is more powerful than either of my other 2 NAS's.

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements